10 August 2010

Ottobre 4/2010 Seitikki Ballon Skirt






Ottobre Girls skirt Autumn 4 2010 - No 21 Seitikki balloon skirt

My first article using Otterbre. This is for my granddaughter Gabriella, age 5 yrs. I hope she is going to love this balloon skirt. The embroidery was much easier than I thought it would be. I sewed this in a velour with a lining.

With the advice of many on PR as well as the Ottobre english sewing group forum I decided not to risk the complete freehand embroidery and simply did a straight stitch, sometimes 3 - 5 times over, as well as one of the simple embroidery stitches on my sewing machine. The pocket was easy as well and it gives that extra detail that little girls will love.

Instead of the waistband I did a hip width elasticated waistband as I was unsure of gabriellas exact waist measurement. I also added buttonhole elastic and 2 buttons on the centre back so that she can use it longer than just a few months hopefully.

Now on to the jacket in the same issue No 22 Valmuska jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment